[Hello Indonesia] Green growth cements Korea
时间:2023-12-06 12:06:29 出处:게임阅读（143）
JAKARTA, Indonesia -- The partnership between South Korea and Indonesia has grown stronger over the decades through collaborative endeavors, common interests and trust, according to speakers at the Korea-Indonesia Economic Cooperation Forum.
Korea, a global powerhouse in science and technology, and Indonesia, one of the fastest-growing economies with large mineral reserves, mark half a century of diplomatic relations this year.
Key figures at the forum said the two nations' distinctive competitive edges would open up vast business opportunities in eco-friendly and digital economy sectors.
Korean President Yoon Suk Yeol touted the significant improvement the two countries have made as partners in trading and business projects and expressed expectations of steadfast relations in the coming decades.
“Now, the two countries must prepare a strategy for future common prosperity based on the mutual trust built over the past 50 years,” he said in a speech delivered by the South Korean Ambassador to Indonesia Lee Sang-deok at the event jointly hosted by Herald Corp., the publisher of The Korea Herald and Herald Business, and the Indonesian Chamber of Commerce and Industry, the Korean Embassy in Indonesia, the Indonesian Embassy in Korea, and the Indonesian Employers’ Association APINDO.
Under the theme "K-Wave and I-Wave, Together for the Future," more than 1,000 participants, including some 300 Indonesian government and company officials and 150 Korean business leaders, gathered at the event held at Hotel Mulia Senayan in Jakarta on Thursday.
- Choo calls for end to protectionism, supply chain recovery during G20 meeting
- [Herald Review] ‘Iron Mask,’ a rare kendo film filled with wordless yet powerful scenes
- [New in Korean] Even in city overrun by mold, humans dream of stars, sunsets
- Unification ministry plans to hold talks with UN Command to resume Panmunjom tour
- Seoul shares open lower ahead of earnings season
- "I am..." meme latest to go viral in bizarre saga surrounding fencing star
- Unauthorized AI
- [New in Korean] 'The path to happiness is forgiveness,' says Korea's first million
- [Herald Review] Lim Hyunsik takes fans for a musical dive into ocean